Today is an important date on our calendar as we invite applications to join our programmes in 2012 and 2013.
I am often asked how to approach our application process so I hope the notes below will assist along with encouraging you to apply for a Graduate Programme at HSBC Bank plc.
We offer a number of different graduate programmes. Please visit our website www.hsbcgraduatecareers.com and conduct thorough research. It is important that you are understand which programme you are applying for and clear about your motives which will help you as you progress along our application process.
You can find information about our selection process online by following the link below
One of the enhancements to our selection process in 2012 is that our Assessment Centres will be held at venues across the UK in Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester.
My top tips for your application are as follows:
- Read the information on our website carefully and understand which programme you are applying for and ensure it is right for you.
- Make us aware of any necessary adjustments that you may require during the application process e.g. if you are dyslexic and may need additional time.
- Consult with your University Careers Service – we are working hard to build and maintain relationships with a number of Careers Advisors.
- View our Graduate Profiles and access our Graduate Blog to hear directly from HSBC Graduates.
- Visit us on campus. You can find details of which careers fairs we are attending by accessing http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/graduates/events/default.aspx
- Schedule your telephone interview and assessment centre at a time to suit you. We want to you to perform to the best of your ability and you can’t do this if you are distracted.
Good Luck everyone and I hope to meet many of you at our assessment centres and ultimately in 2012 as a member of the HSBC team.